Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Cost of AquaComfort heat pump

Cost of AquaComfort heat pump

Hello,

Just joined the site, love it, a great source of information. We are getting a Mountain Lake pool installed end of month and trying to decide on last minute things. Pool will be 21x40 (3.5 to 8') I have been reading this site for all the heat pump threads, but one thing I haven't been able to get an idea is the cost of getting one installed (cost of equipment + labor). I called our pool company and waiting to hear back (guy on the phone told me from $4K to $8K but he wasn't sure at all! the sales guy will call me back on Monday), we are now just dying to know.. if we can afford one.
    The AquaComfort website and google came back empty: no price anywhere I can find.

Looking at AquaComfort ACT-150 (although that's really based on my own reading). If anybody got one, would love to get an idea on cost and how it's working for you.

Thanks!
    21'x41' Mountain Lake, Filter Pentair TA60D, Pump Pentair SuperFlo 1.5 hp, SWG Pentair IC-40, light IntelliBrite 5g LED, Liner 27 mil Dynastie/Blue Granite, 2 main drains, 2 multidirectional hydrostream return inlets, 2 wall skimmers , 2 in-floor cleaning heads, Heating 500 sq Techno-Solis Solar Panels, Hayward Aqua Solar control

Re: Cost of AquaComfort heat pump

Welcome to TFP!

I don't see any published prices for AquaComfort, but similar units of other brands are around $4000 for the unit alone without the install. The cost to install isn't usually too bad, but it can go up significantly in some situations depending on how far the power line needs to run and what obstacles there are along the way.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Does seem like a big expense then! But if it could stretch the pool season by a few weeks... might be worth. Thanks
    21'x41' Mountain Lake, Filter Pentair TA60D, Pump Pentair SuperFlo 1.5 hp, SWG Pentair IC-40, light IntelliBrite 5g LED, Liner 27 mil Dynastie/Blue Granite, 2 main drains, 2 multidirectional hydrostream return inlets, 2 wall skimmers , 2 in-floor cleaning heads, Heating 500 sq Techno-Solis Solar Panels, Hayward Aqua Solar control

Where do you live and do you have natural gas available?
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

We live in Central Jersey. We have natural gas but was told it's super expensive to run, so we didn't even look into it.

Actually last night we just found a solar pool company here in New Jersey and I will call them on Monday (www.solarswim.net) we have plenty of land facing south behind. Sounds like the same install price as a heat pump, with all the controls and things, but then no energy cost.

So many things sometimes my head is spinning.

Solar is much more cost effective and is preferred if you have somewhere to put the panels.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Gas isn't that expensive really. If it were me, I'd ditch the heat pump and get the solar. If you want to extend the swim season a bit on either end and put some heat in the pool when the solar needs help, add a gas heater. If you have NG, I wouldn't even consider a heat pump at all.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.