New Dig in Nicaragua

Apr 7, 2012
Hello, noob here, my family and I are full time missionaries in Nicaragua. Over the last 5 years we have developed a missions house to house teams that come to serve the people of Nicaragua.

We have finally gotten to the point where we are able to build the pool. Everything here is done by hand, no machines, by a group of amazing guys that work like machines.

Enjoy the pics (hope it works). http://s826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Nicarider/

Thanks again for the blog site, I have already gained a lot of useful info here.

yeah, I am a bit overwhelmed by the size and have a really bad habit of going too far. It fits the size and scope of the property and we often can have 30+ people using the pool. My main concern is the fact that I can't just run down to the pool supply store and pick up whatever I need. Many things need to be sent from the States, the CircuPool RJ45 units for example have to be carried in with someones luggage. Test kits, 20 mule team (44 boxes?!) all carried in.

I know there will be a learning curve but I am hopeful I will get the hang of it and once it's balanced will remain relatively low maintenance.

You all are welcome to come on down and check it out!

we are actually sent out from our home church in Central Oregon. This is home now, we have three amazing kids the youngest of which was born here. They have no memory of living in the States. And now, if we ever get the pool done, we will be able to vacation in our own yard!

The pool is absolutely hugeand if I had to do all over again, it might be just a wee bit smaller. We host many people, both foreign and locals, and really want to captivate our kids' friends. So, we figured what better way in hot Central America to entertain bunches of people.....

Attachments

• 2012-04-11 09.42.13.jpg
    2012-04-11 09.42.13.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 624
I have been to Nicaragua a few times. That pool will be a perfect break from the heat!
Keep up the good work both in your pool build and your ministry
With the variety of tropical plants you can grow that has some serious potential to be AMAZING!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yep, that's what we call it too. it was intended to be a "beach" entry, still I think it will be fun for the kids. Trying to figure out how to make a splash park on the side using the same filtration system.

well it is finally starting to look like a pool. It has been a lot of hard work and have had to work around rain and mud. Filter and pumps showed up yesterday. The float line tile started going up and we should be applying the Florida Gem by Monday. I have had 180lbs. of 20 mule team boraxo brought down from the States. My question is how soon after filling the pool for the first time should I wait before adding the borates?[attachment=2:tcvbhkfc]2012-06-13 16.54.57.jpg[/attachment:tcvbhkfc]

Attachments

• 2012-06-13 16.54.57.jpg
    2012-06-13 16.54.57.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 320
  • 2012-06-10 07.15.31.jpg
    2012-06-10 07.15.31.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 320
  • 2012-06-10 07.14.03.jpg
    2012-06-10 07.14.03.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 320

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.