Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Converting to SWS

1. Back To Top    #1

Sparta Tn 38583

Converting to SWS

Can someone take a look at my numbers and help me to convert to my sws? Here are my numbers
    FC - 13
    CC- 0
    TC- 13
    PH- 7.5
    TA- 80
    temp is prob 60 to 65?
    We just reopened the pool and added 1/3 new water
    Should I wait before adding the salt (bought 310 lbs per instruction) and get my fc down and cya up? Thanks for any and all help.
    Rose Tennessee
    new 30' x 4' 6" round AGP vinyl 23,500?
    waterway 2 speed 2 hp pump 250 millenium waterway sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Converting to SWS

Welcome to TFP!

Make sure you test your starting salt level before adding salt. Pools often start out with salt anywhere from 500 to 2000. If you add without measuring first you run the risk of adding too much salt, which will prevent the SWG from working.

Other than that, all you need to do is raise the CYA level a little. Salt and CYA can be added in either order or even both at once.

You can turn the SWG on 24 hours after adding salt. You don't need to wait for the CYA level to come up, though it will be slightly less effective until CYA gets to an appropriate level.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School