Intelichlor ic40 swg

fishunt

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
Lebanon,Tn
New pool this spring, trying to get things right. My fc is staying right at 7 to 8, how is the best way to get this down around 4to5. The SWG is set at the lowest at 20%, I have been running the pump 24-7 and at 1500 rpm.

If you have an easy / intelli touch automation you can adjust the percentage in 1% increments. Right now my pump runs 8 hrs per day and the ic40 is set to 13%, my cl is staying at 5 /6 ppm. With no automation you could run the pump for less hours and that would produce less cl. As things warm and the pool gets more use more cl will be used also.

If you don't have a Pentair branded automation system or the Pentair acid pump system, there is no easy way to adjust the % setting below 20% (other than turned off). You could add a timer which turns the SWG off for part of the time the pump is running, but that is hardly ever worth the effort.

The normal solution is to simply put up with a slightly higher than normal FC level and slightly shorter than normal SWG lifetime.

This is the primary reason I don't recommend getting an IntelliChlor unless you are also getting an automation system.

Yes, and it is also a safety hazard. It is remotely possible for the SWG to explode if it has been running for a long time with the pump off. Normally there are safety systems that prevent this from happening. However, because of the fairly large amount of damage that could occur it is best to have things setup so the SWG can't even get power when the pump is off (if there is any practical way to do that).

JasonLion said:
Yes, and it is also a safety hazard. It is remotely possible for the SWG to explode if it has been running for a long time with the pump off. Normally there are safety systems that prevent this from happening. However, because of the fairly large amount of damage that could occur it is best to have things setup so the SWG can't even get power when the pump is off (if there is any practical way to do that).
Jason I talked to Pentair, They put their head TEC on the line, and here is what he told me. If the red no flow light is on the cell is shut off for safety . The power is still on but the cell is not. In other words he said it was OK for the pump to shut down from 10pm till 5am with out shutting down SWG without causing problems. Is this true?? opinions please!! Because i don't want to burn up the cell.

You should have a flow switch in line with the SW cell, once the flow stops the switch releases and tells the unit to shut off the cell. once flow starts then with in 5min the unit will apply power to the cell again. Correct the cell will show lights to cell the activity

You can get a timer that can run 2 outputs at the same time. I have an intellichlor IC40, and recently installed a timer that will turn my pool pump and power center to the IC40 on and off at the same time. This way, you dont have to worry about the flow sensor in the cell working correctly or failing, because the timer will kill the power to the Intellichlor's power center whenever it turns off the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.