Liquidator running for about 9 months, maintenance questions

Nightmare

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
Riverside, CA
I've had the Liquidator going for 9 months with almost no issues (other than a loose connector sucking air). So far I've only added chlorine every couple weeks to keep the level between about 4-8 gallons (I marked 8 gallons on the side of the bucket for max fill). I have the 3/8" upgrade kit with the 8 Gal version. My current Chlorine level is down near 4 gal.

Other than the paragraph in the manual, is there a link to Maintenance and Cleanout procedures?
How do you get the liquid chlorine out of the bucket, without losing the solids?
Should I put the Tablet floats back into the pool while I run out the remaining liquid chlorine?

Re: Liquidator running for about 9 months, maintenance quest

The one time I cleaned out my LQ so far I stopped putting CL in it and watched it until all of the CL layer was gone or just about gone. Then I clamped off the lines and scooped out enough water until I could lift it out of its spot. Then I took it out to the driveway and poured out the rest of the water and used a hose to wash out the salt deposits. Wear gloves and eye protection, etc.

You shouldn't need tabs or another CL source until its empty and that you can clean out in an hour. I kept a religious eye on my FC levels while I emptied it out because the less CL there is the more you have to open the flow valve to maintain FC levels. I think mine was wide open when it got really low.

I ran the Liquidator down to clear water last week. On Monday I took it apart and cleaned it out.

When I poured the last couple gallons of water out it was a 'milky' color, but not nearly as thick as I expected. I was also a little surprised by the lack of salt crystals in the bottom of the bucket.

The floats are bleached, but they seem to swing freely.
They are less complicated than I thought (I didn't assemble the system the first time. The 'valve' is simply a rubber stopped that plugs the plastic nozzle (see photos).

I wiped the stuff out of the bottom (it didn't even take more than 2 paper towels). Then I reassembled everything.

In the last couple photos you can see the small amount of white stuff in the clear tubing. I wiped out this tube with a wet paper towel.

Is anyone else getting an actual layer of gunk in the bottom? Or just the slightly milky water at the bottom?

LQ1.jpg

LQ2.jpg

LQ3.jpg

LQ4.jpg

LQ5.jpg

LQ6.jpg

LQ7.jpg

LQ8.jpg

As long as I used mine i never got anything but a dusting of stuff in the bottom. My Sis is using it now and is experiencing the same thing. Just cleaning once a year was good enough. Never had the 'white stuff'.

I know this is an old thread, but I'll add a few bits in case somebody googles it up. I'm also not getting any sediment. Not sure if it a function of local water quality or because I'm using borates. When my LQ was new I asked Hasa about using a cup or scoop on the end of a stick to remove the (anticipated) sediment, and they said that would work. This approach would eliminate the necessity to disassemble the LQ.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.