Hello everyone, so glad I found a pool forum like this. Really looking forward to getting some expert advice. Have owned this pool for 4 years but I never seem to get it right. Had a 4 foot above ground pool at my old house and it was so much easier to take care of.
The problem I have right now is that there is a green tint to the pool water, which is a fresh fill from the water supply....no well or anything like that. This is normal and I can usually shock it out very quickly.
I have begun adding my start up chemicals so here is where I was to start:
Since that test (I only have a kit for pH and FC) I have added my Alk, Calcium and one bag of shock as recommended by my pool place. I added 15 pounds of Alk, 32 pounds of Calcium Hardness and the one bag of shock as per the recommendations.
I do not know how the Alk and Hardness have responded because I do not have a kit to test for them.
Using my crappy TC and pH kit, I got 3.0 on TC and 7.5 pH.
I am thinking it could be the Iron because the pool place was a bit concerned that I had 0.19 reading on Iron from a fresh fill but she said that it should be OK. Their recommended range on Iron is 0-0.3.
Thanks so much for any help.