Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Noobie but not really

1. Back To Top    #1

Noobie but not really

Had my pool for 9ish years now. Was on PF long before the crash and am just getting caught up with the whole locked registration deal. It is a shame it was a great place it saved me tons of money over the years. So onward and upward.
    IG Vinyl liner, 21,500G sport bottom, TR-60 sand filter, 3/4 HP Whisper Flow, BBB with 12.5% Liquid Chlorine

2. Back To Top    #2

PF may be locked, but TFP is here! I've found that the people and info here is just as good as what goes (went?) on at PF - because of the locked registrations, and the site owner being MIA, unfortunately PF seems to be a ~'dying' site

Welcome here!! At this time, this site is far more active and you have a much better chance of a question being answered quickly.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3
    welcome! Many of us came over from PF last summer, and some (like me) learned all I know about PROPER pool care there!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Hey and welcome! Lots of us crossed over last year. Thank goodness Sean got this site going for us! Loved PF...saved us tons of $, too. TFP is really active and growing by leaps and bounds!

Got pix of the pool, do ya? :P
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

This is probably the best I have right now. It is a Pacific 16x36 sport bottom vinyl liner with the composite walls and a concrete bottom not vermiculite. We had just finished expanding the deck for the slide and a small pool house(shed). Which has yet to go in. Right now it is a Nature2 pool but I am looking into converting to SCG which is why I started looking around again.

IG Vinyl liner, 21,500G sport bottom, TR-60 sand filter, 3/4 HP Whisper Flow, BBB with 12.5% Liquid Chlorine

6. Back To Top    #6
    Very nice! It looks like "The Place To Be" in the summer!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Welcome to TFP! Glad you found us.

Great pool - especially the slide. That's one of the things I wish we had done when we built the pool.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice pool! I like that shade screen in the corner I've never seen one of those before. You probably already know this, but I'll mention it anyway -- be careful of high winds! if the screen gets blown in, those blocks you've got holding it down could also go in and rip the liner!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

9. Back To Top    #9

High winds hah. Yeah that happend a few times. The blocks were strategicaly placed for that to happen and thankfully the blocks never made it in the pool. I found it at the bottom more than a few times and once up against the fence. I searched high and low for something like that and could never find it. I ended up making it myself. I better not find the design being sold on here, it's mine. I have since gone to an offset umbrella.

10. Back To Top    #10

Patent that puppy!!!! It's a great idea! If you want, I can give a couple of ideas for securing it without the blocks
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted