Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What kind of brush for brushing algae spots?

1. Back To Top    #1

What kind of brush for brushing algae spots?

Hi all,
    Just now in the beginning stages of shocking a green, algae infested in ground fiberglass pool. I used a regular pool brush and did a decent job of knocking off some of the algae stuck to the walls. However, the circular looking spots act as if they don't want to come off with just the swipe of a regular pool brush. I can rub them off with my finger fairly easily, but I obviously can't do that for the entire pool. Any ideas...do I need one of those steel bristle brushes? Or will they break up easier after I shock for a while? I can't really get too agressive with anything since I recently had back surgery. Thanks in advance for your help.

Alan

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What kind of brush for brushing algae spots?

Don't use a steel brush on a fiberglass pool. Get a wall whale brush - its awesome and very easy on your back while applying a ton of force.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by carlscan26
    Don't use a steel brush on a fiberglass pool. Get a wall whale brush - its awesome and very easy on your back while applying a ton of force.
    Would be interested in what a wall whale brush looks like, to see if we can get them here. With a 2.8 meter deep end getting the walls brushed all the way down is a nightmare.
    400,000 Litre in ground infinity pool, with 40,000 litre holding tank (116 235.703 04 gallon). Vinyl liner.
    Two Astralpool Cantabric sand filters, 900mm diameter, each with 550kg of sand.
    Two ESI MP6 1.5kw 3 phase pumps.

4. Back To Top    #4

My cement pond is a 36K gunite 20X40 built in mid 1960s, Hayward S244S filter, Aquarite SWCG, Jandy 1.5HP 2sp, TF-Test kit and Nitro Wall Climber

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Buford
    Sorry, very late thank you. Will investigate if they have European distributors.
    400,000 Litre in ground infinity pool, with 40,000 litre holding tank (116 235.703 04 gallon). Vinyl liner.
    Two Astralpool Cantabric sand filters, 900mm diameter, each with 550kg of sand.
    Two ESI MP6 1.5kw 3 phase pumps.