Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster coverage

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster coverage

What is the approximate sf coverage of a 1 portland to 2 marble dust mixture?
    Thanks
    14,500 gal pool
    Inground
    Plaster
    Intellichlor Salt Generator
    Water Fall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plaster coverage

i cant believe noone on here knows this answer. Please!
    14,500 gal pool
    Inground
    Plaster
    Water Fall

3. Back To Top    #3

Most of the people on the forum are residential pool owners, nearly all of whom leave plastering to professionals. There are a certain number of pros around, but they tend to be rather busy this time of year, so are less likely to notice questions that only they can answer. Hopefully one of them will show up, but you can't count on it this time of year.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

If I understand your question, one bag of cement and 2 bags of marble sand aggregate would cover somewhere between 85 and 115 square feet of surface area by 1/2 inch thick. But this is only a best guess estimate on pool plastering 35-40 years ago.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks a lot for the info. I didnt consider the board being mostly residential so forgive me if I came across as rude. I certainly did not mean it that way. Thanksagain.
    Roy
    14,500 gal pool
    Inground
    Plaster
    Water Fall