New build Natural style pool NJ

Eriky

Jul 4, 2010
Hello, I have been reading on this forum for a few years now, and have finally decided to have a pool built.

The build started Tuesday of this week, and I will document the build on this forum.

We are building a natural sytle pool
shotcrete
Approximately 850 sq foot total
Beach entry
Natural rock waterfall with 2 extra spillovers
SWG
Heater
Diamondbrite for pool, river rock for beach entry (2 tone, sand color river rock and a blueish color for rest of pool)
bubbler in beach entry
natural stone coping
colored concrete decking

Here is a drawing of the pool:
fredandej-28.jpg

To get a better feel for what the pool will look like, you can do a search for the builder and look at the gallery on their website.

Here are a few drawings of the pool in our yard, a bit tough to see because of the sunlight, but you can see the yard and placement:

fredandej-3.jpg

fredandej-15.jpg

Here are some pics after Day 1's excavation:
fredandej-16.jpg

fredandej-19.jpg

fredandej-20.jpg

fredandej-26.jpg

fredandej-27.jpg

fredandej-33.jpg

fredandej-34.jpg

I will keep updating this thread as more work is done with pictures.

Today they are finishing up the rebar, next week is inspections than hopefully if the weather cooperates, shotcrete.

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

4/7/2012 updates

Things are moving along quickly. They dug on Tuesday, and yesterday they finished the rebar.

Today they are doing the plumbing rough ins.

Tuesday is inspections

Thursday they shoot the shell

Here are some updated pics:

fredandej-3-3.jpg

fredandej-8-3.jpg

fredandej-5-3.jpg

A lot of work has been done in the last week. They are moving really fast, and putting in a lot of long days.

We had our first round of structural, electrical and plumbing inspections, and they shot the shell on Friday.

Yesterday they ran the gas and electrical lines, setup the equipment, and ran the pipes.

Here are bunch of pics, starting to really take shape:

fredandej-37.jpg

fredandej-38.jpg

fredandej-39.jpg

fredandej-40.jpg

fredandej-41.jpg

fredandej-42.jpg

fredandej-43.jpg

fredandej-44.jpg

fredandej-45.jpg

fredandej-46.jpg

The beach will get a sandy river rock color, and the pool will get a diamondbrite color to give a two tone look.

The back wall notches will all be filled with natural rock, and a center waterfall and two spillovers, and behind that will be built up landscaping.

Lr9788 said:
Any updates on this build?

Yes, we have had a lot of rain here in NJ the past few weeks, which has really slowed things down. There were some delays in having the rocks delivered, but other than that the crew has been working whenever we get a break from the rain. Hopefully if the weather cooperates, we are a few weeks away. Still a few more days of rock work to go, have to finish the waterfalls, have to do rocks in the sides of the beach entry, and we are having 20 truck loads of dirt brought in to build up the hill behind the pool, in which many rocks will be placed as well, as well as landscaping. Here are some pics I took yesterday, I will put up more once the rock work is done:

fredandej.jpg

fredandej-2.jpg

fredandej-3.jpg

fredandej-4.jpg

fredandej-5.jpg

fredandej-6.jpg

fredandej-7.jpg

fredandej-8.jpg

This is gonna be one of my favorite pools on here! I just know it! :mrgreen: I can't wait to see it done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glock said:
Any updates?

Yeah, we have had a good amount of work done despite a very rainy May.

The rock work is all done.

Coping is done.

Stamped concrete deck is framed.

This week coping needs to be cut and pour and stamp the deck.

Then it's on to plaster, landscaping and fencing.

I will snap some pics after the deck is poured and put them up.

Looking forward to wrapping this up and getting in!

It's been a while so here are some updates.

Since I last posted all of the rock work has been completed. Coping and waterline tile are in.

Deck poured and stamped.

This week we have some grading to finish, diamondbrite/river rok, landscaping and the fence.

If all goes well we are hoping to open it up next weekend.

Here are some pics taken yesterday after the deck was poured, it has not reached it's final color yet.

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.