Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thoughts on a good color and/or texture for a large deck?

1. Back To Top    #1

Thoughts on a good color and/or texture for a large deck?

I am tapping out and most of my budget is gone now that we added salt to our pool project.

Now, what to do with the deck? I would love some suggestions on what looks good and holds up. I have 5 50lb dogs that will be running on this.

The deck is 46x48 with the pool in the center 35x15. The concrete will be poured on Tues. The pool and the house are blue. I was thinking of TAN. Any idea on what a decent decking will run. I know Flow Crete is about 1800 which I do not think we will be able to afford right now.

Intex 14' x 42". 3557 Gallons, 1600 GPH Intex Sand Filter, Intex CS8110 Swg Post 2009, 2x20 SunHeater Panel.
    Custom Built Equipment Deck, Small Fountain, Intex LED Light, Custom Built Manifold.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thoughts on a good color and/or texture for a large deck

The color of your pool deck is a personal decision but I have always liked the look of wet concrete. You might want to take a walk through Google images at pools and see if something strikes your fancy. As far as texture, keep it smooth so it is not slippery when wet but also make it easy of the feet. More pictures, we love pics!
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Thoughts on a good color and/or texture for a large deck

Anyone have and/or know about staining concrete. I think it looks good. Any idea on cost and how it holds up?

Intex 14' x 42". 3557 Gallons, 1600 GPH Intex Sand Filter, Intex CS8110 Swg Post 2009, 2x20 SunHeater Panel.
    Custom Built Equipment Deck, Small Fountain, Intex LED Light, Custom Built Manifold.