Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dichlor - then bleach method

1. Back To Top    #1

Dichlor - then bleach method

Hi, I am a beginner when it comes to maintaining a spa (hot tub) & a new member to TFP. I was interested to read about the Dichlor then bleach method & was wondering if anyone could explain this method to me. Regards, Dave. Perth Western Australia

2. Back To Top    #2

Virginia Beach

Re: Dichlor - then bleach method

I've yet to start on it, but my plan is much the same as yours. I'm planning to start with granules/pucks until the CYA is good, then switch to liquid.

Read pool school. I know it looks like a lot, but it's really not as bad as I had anticipated. I sat down and read it a few nights ago. I'd already picked up most of it bit by bit reading through the posts here.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Dichlor - then bleach method

See Using Chlorine in a Spa. I recommend lowering the TA to around 50 ppm and adding 50 ppm Borates.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"