Dunnrite Junior Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop

Mar 19, 2012
I want to put a basketball rim next to my above ground pool and have it attached to the wood deck but make it removable. This is a link to the one I want.
http://www.dunnriteproducts.com/include ... deckch.jpg
It mounts into a brass anchor which would normaly be buried under the concrete next to an inground pool.
Im wondering if ther is a way to mount this brass anchor under a wood deck.
I though about cementing in a pipe then adapt the brass anchor to that and have it flush with the deck boards.
Without ever seeing the part I cant realy get an idea of how to do it.
Anyone have one of these types of set ups?

Attachments

• poolbball.jpg
    poolbball.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 118
I don't have that one, I have the one with the liquid filled base, called Junior Hoop on the dunn-rite website, I found it to be a great product, overall and customer service was good.. for some reason the blue coating on the rim began peeling and the metal underneath was rusting in the first few months I had it.... I called the company and they sent a new one no hassle at all, very helpful

You can see it on my deck in this TFP post. pics 3 and 5 are the best views
finally-putting-up-pictures-of-my-pool-and-deck-from-2011-t40815.html

for a deck top, I like being able to move it around as needed, store it for winter etc.... and not cut my deck to mount it
I ordered it from dtydirect.com which had a reasonable price at the time last season, but the site is down at this moment... I have ordered multiple times from them and get emails for promos etc... should be a temp outage

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.