Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dunnrite Junior Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop

1. Back To Top    #1

Dunnrite Junior Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop

I want to put a basketball rim next to my above ground pool and have it attached to the wood deck but make it removable. This is a link to the one I want.
    http://www.dunnriteproducts.com/include ... deckch.jpg
    It mounts into a brass anchor which would normaly be buried under the concrete next to an inground pool.
    Im wondering if ther is a way to mount this brass anchor under a wood deck.
    I though about cementing in a pipe then adapt the brass anchor to that and have it flush with the deck boards.
    Without ever seeing the part I cant realy get an idea of how to do it.
    Anyone have one of these types of set ups?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    27' AGP, stenner pump, 30 gallon holding tank, 2hp two speed pump, cartridge filter, 12.5% liquid chlorine.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dunnrite Junior Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop

I don't have that one, I have the one with the liquid filled base, called Junior Hoop on the dunn-rite website, I found it to be a great product, overall and customer service was good.. for some reason the blue coating on the rim began peeling and the metal underneath was rusting in the first few months I had it.... I called the company and they sent a new one no hassle at all, very helpful

You can see it on my deck in this TFP post. pics 3 and 5 are the best views
    finally-putting-up-pictures-of-my-pool-and-deck-from-2011-t40815.html
    24' Round 54" Impulse Ovation AGP, 1.5 HP 2 Spd, 150 Sq Ft. Cartridge Filter, RayPak 130K BTU NG Heater, BBB in full effect!!
    Vist TFT Test Kits --- Visit Pool School ---
    Visit the Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dunnrite Junior Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop

for a deck top, I like being able to move it around as needed, store it for winter etc.... and not cut my deck to mount it
    I ordered it from dtydirect.com which had a reasonable price at the time last season, but the site is down at this moment... I have ordered multiple times from them and get emails for promos etc... should be a temp outage
    24' Round 54" Impulse Ovation AGP, 1.5 HP 2 Spd, 150 Sq Ft. Cartridge Filter, RayPak 130K BTU NG Heater, BBB in full effect!!
    Vist TFT Test Kits --- Visit Pool School ---
    Visit the Pool Calculator