Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My first TF-100 test results

1. Back To Top    #1

My first TF-100 test results

Here are the results of my 1st test with my TF-100 kit. (The speedstir is awesome)

FC - 2.5
    CC - 0
    TC - 2.5
    PH - 7.5
    T/A - 130
    CH - 160
    CYA - 50

based on the pool calculator aside from adding some bleach it looks like the only concern here is the CH. How quickly should I address this? and whats the best method. Having trouble finding deicer in Texas but someone said to try tractor supply. Any brands I should be looking for or should I just get some hardness plus from Leslie's?

Any other thoughts based on these numbers? TIA
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, Stenner pump with 15 gallon tank, Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My first TF-100 test results

Since we rarely need de-icer and it is also the off-season for it, you are probably better off buying hardness increaser. You can check your local wal-mart and see if they have any in their garden/outdoor section. That will be less expensive than going to a pool store.

You should also keep an eye on your TA once the CH is in range. If your pH starts going up you will need to lower the TA to try and keep pH stable.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, zea beat me to a response ... here are my thoughts (which are basically the same):

Given your numbers, I get a CSI of about -0.23 which is within range.
    May want to consider lowering your TA if your pH tends to rise (this will lower your CSI)
    I would not bump up the CH too much as it will tend to rise as water evaporates and requires water change to get rid of it.

With the CYA of 50 you need to keep your FC between 4 and 8 at all times.

I see in your signature an inline chlorinator listed ... you are not actually using it anymore are you?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys I'll check out Walmart and add half what I think I need and verify with the next test.

I have less than a tablet in the inline, I plan to only use it when out of town now that I'm moving to the the bbb method.
    21,000 gallon pool w/spa, Pebble Sheen, Hayward EcoStar variable speed filter pump, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400FDN Heater, Stenner pump with 15 gallon tank, Clear O3 ozone system, Hayward Goldline PS-8 controller, Hayward 6060 cleaner pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward EcoStar variable speed water feature pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

What does your water look like? Is it crystal clear?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes it is very clear and sparkles in the sun.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Wonderful. Then I would suggest your bring the FC up to about 4-6ppm for the rest of the summer and enjoy the pool.

No hurry on the CH, but when you find a good source get enough to get your pool up to 300 and your all set.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

so over the past week aside from bleach as needed and 2 inches of water to top it off I also added 12 lbs of HTH Calcium Plus (less than what was suggested to see the impact)

Here are my results one week later.
    FC - 4.5
    CC - 0
    TC - 4.5
    PH - 7.7
    T/A - 120
    CH - 270
    CYA - 35 (after reading the tips from Jason I am more confident in this score as compared to my 1st one)
    Temp 77

should I leave things as is or make some adjustments? Water is very clear.

Thanks

9. Back To Top    #9

Looks good! Might lower your TA a bit and bump CYA up to 50.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

10. Back To Top    #10

Cajun, are you salt water?
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Cajun, are you salt water?
    No salt. I have an inline chlorinator but it's been empty the past 2 weeks since moving to BBB. I plan to use it when I'm out of town for multiple days.

12. Back To Top    #12

Ok, then 35 CYA is ok. It's on the low end but your good.