Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keeping wet in the desert! Palm Springs pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Keeping wet in the desert! Palm Springs pool

Here are a few pictures of our pool that was built in 2006, along with a link to the construction website. Pebblesheen slate blue, quartz stone trim and spillway. Jerry from JP pools here in Palm Springs handled most of the construction, along with letting me do some of the plumbing and electrical work.

http://web.mac.com/gunkel04/Site1/Pool_1.html

http://web.mac.com/gunkel04/Site1/Pool_2.html#51

Thanks!

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    41k pool, Pentair Intelliflo VS main pump, Jandy stealth 3hp water feature pump, Jandy stealth 3hp spa pump, Jandy LX 400 heater, Pentair 4000 DE filter, Jandy Aqualink RS controls, Jandy aquapure chlorine generator, 2 Pentair pool SAm lights, 1 Pentair SAl spa light. 4 Jandy deck jets, 1 Jandy sheer decent, Rico rock water fall.

2. Back To Top    #2
    very nice! pool is great, but love the mountains!!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Grace, I have many relatives in Kentucky, mostly around the Covington and Newport area. I spent quite allot of time there when I was growing up. I miss the people!

Greg
    41k pool, Pentair Intelliflo VS main pump, Jandy stealth 3hp water feature pump, Jandy stealth 3hp spa pump, Jandy LX 400 heater, Pentair 4000 DE filter, Jandy Aqualink RS controls, Jandy aquapure chlorine generator, 2 Pentair pool SAm lights, 1 Pentair SAl spa light. 4 Jandy deck jets, 1 Jandy sheer decent, Rico rock water fall.

4. Back To Top    #4

Greg....

Great looking pool and I also like the view of the mountains. The pools out west and down south look great comparred to northern pools (like mine) that seem to be just "rectangular". (only word I can think of)

There have been some other pictures of pools out west that all seem to have something in common that I don't understand. Why are the fences between neighbors, stone walls, that look like they're at least 6 foot high?
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Hotrod, I know what you mean. Growing up back east (Michigan), we did not have any walls or fences between yards. When I moved out here it was a shock, however my wife is from Socal and she can't imagine a house that did not have the privacy that the wall creates, I believe that this is why we all have them...On another note, what is your hotrod in the garage?

Greg