Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stripped threads on Hayward DE6000 at air relief valve?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stripped threads on Hayward DE6000 at air relief valve?

I have an older Hayward DE6000 that has stripped threads where the manual air relief valve and pressure gauge is located.
    Couple of questions?

Whats the material of the filter body?
    Has anyone had any luck with gluing? J&B weld, Epoxy resigns and fillers West System is what I have used (Marine industry)

What kind of materials are Pool Chemical tolerant, I know PVC and Stainless but about others Nylon brass copper,.

Solutions
    Drill and tap a fitting into the existing hole
    Use a marine Thru-Hull Fitting with 1/4" three way, one to mount and the other for a pressure gauge and bleeder.

Thanks in advance
    Ken

Pool 22320 Gallons IG Plaster-DE Filter-2Hp & TF100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stripped threads on Hayward DE6000 at air relief valve?

Quote Originally Posted by ZooMan
    I have an older Hayward DE6000 that has stripped threads where the manual air relief valve and pressure gauge is located.
    Couple of questions?

Whats the material of the filter body?
    Has anyone had any luck with gluing? J&B weld, Epoxy resigns and fillers West System is what I have used (Marine industry)

What kind of materials are Pool Chemical tolerant, I know PVC and Stainless but about others Nylon brass copper,.

Solutions
    Drill and tap a fitting into the existing hole
    Use a marine Thru-Hull Fitting with 1/4" three way, one to mount and the other for a pressure gauge and bleeder.

Thanks in advance
    Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm leaning towards J&B weld and then tapping 1/4" pipe.

Thanks again
    Ken

3. Back To Top    #3

It looks like you can replace the Relief Valve/Gauge Adapter Assembly for about $20. Here's the part number DEX2400S. You'll also need the o-ring that goes under it.

I wouldn't try repairing it for that amount.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    It looks like you can replace the Relief Valve/Gauge Adapter Assembly for about $20. Here's the part number DEX2400S. You'll also need the o-ring that goes under it.

I wouldn't try repairing it for that amount.
    Thanks
    I have address the stripped threads on the housing and not the relief valve. I'm looking for info on the filter body.

Any Ideas.
    Ken

5. Back To Top    #5

If the threads in the filter top are stripped then your best bet is either another filter top or a bulkhead fitting through the hole if it won't interfere with anything inside the filter.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Just actually found this thread i have the same exact my threaads are stripped on a de4800 tank which is pretty much the same as you have i tried everything wrapping with teflon tape and still leaks and wont tighten was wondering what you did to fix it did you use a bulkhead fitting?