Jun 23, 2009
Columbia, SC
I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm a 47 year old man and I use women's nylons. Knee highs to be exact.

Get your mind out of the gutter! I fit them over my pool strainer basket not over my pale legs. Here's my question. I always buy the biggest pair of knee highs I can find but when I stretch them over the skimmer basket it's extremely snug and I've now cracked my second basket. I stretch them as much as I can before using them but it's still too tight at the top part. I love how effective they are and don't want to give up using them so I'm curious whether anyone has used a certain brand and/or size that works well. I have a standard size (I presume standard) round basket for an inground pool.

Maybe you should consider using the regular skimmer socks.

I have a standard size skimmer and never have a problem getting knee highs over the rim. They're pretty snug but never to the point of breaking the basket. I usually buy Queen Sized Walmart brand and they work fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.