Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ashamed

1. Back To Top    #1

Columbia, SC

I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm a 47 year old man and I use women's nylons. Knee highs to be exact.

Get your mind out of the gutter! I fit them over my pool strainer basket not over my pale legs. Here's my question. I always buy the biggest pair of knee highs I can find but when I stretch them over the skimmer basket it's extremely snug and I've now cracked my second basket. I stretch them as much as I can before using them but it's still too tight at the top part. I love how effective they are and don't want to give up using them so I'm curious whether anyone has used a certain brand and/or size that works well. I have a standard size (I presume standard) round basket for an inground pool.
    20K gal, vinyl, 3/4 HP pump, Hayward sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Ashamed

Maybe you should consider using the regular skimmer socks.

I have a standard size skimmer and never have a problem getting knee highs over the rim. They're pretty snug but never to the point of breaking the basket. I usually buy Queen Sized Walmart brand and they work fine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

New Caney, Texas

Re: Ashamed

I usually buy Queen Sized Walmart brand and they work fine.
    Same here.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School