Its up but not ready to open

Jul 14, 2011
hey guys we just bought our first pool is was used and got a great deal on it :goodjob: .... ok here is the ??? i went ahead and put it up becouse i have suregry in 2 weeks and will be off my feet for about 6-8 weeks. so with that said i wanted to get all the work done now so the kids will be able to get in the pool in May.
We are in Va and temps now are 80-70 day 50 at night. i dont want to spend a ton of money on opening the pool now and also dont want to worry with the pool cover since i will be off me feet when its time to open and that cover is a pain to get off. So with all that said u was told i could toss a few gallons of bleach on the pool and run the pump for a day then a few days a week run the pump for a few hrs to keep the water moving a bit.
so what should i do any advice would be great.
oh 24ft agp 2hp pump.

I'd go ahead and get everything balanced and run the pump on a timer a few hours a day and add a little bleach each day. You'd be surprised how easy it is. Once you figure out how much bleach you use a day you can just have someone pour a little in when the pump is running.

yeah thats what i was thinking of doing after reading some post just get the water where it needs to be and just maintain with a few hrs a day of the pump. i run power to the pump this weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.