I have loved reading the post on this forum, has helped me a lot in our planning and thoughts of what we want for our back yard pool and deck. With that said I thought I would post on here and follow up as we went along so we could get input. Please as you know any input can help.
I know this is going to cost an arm and a leg, but we really loved our pool at the last house and with a 6 year old feel we will get a lot of use out of this one.
We are looking at installing a Vinyl Liner pool in back yard at address above, the following is what we would like for pool / yard:
• 20x40 Patrician type pool with 8 foot deep end
• 27-30 mil liner
• Diving Board
• Steps under liner at rounded end (Straight steps, see picture below)
• Swimout/Bench on deep end of pool, again built into liner/wall not an insert (See picture below)
• 2 Post holes for Umbrellas
• Salt Water System
• Safety cover
• Pavers in the deck area (1446 sqft area)
• Bullnose pavers as coping around pool (Pool perimeter is 114 linear feet)
• 173’ of 4’ tall Fence with some columns (see layout idea)
• 1’ Wall (capped) below the fence (see thought process below)
o Total fence height 5’
• Hayward Super pump
• Hayward Top mount sand filter
• Hayward Aqua Plus Automatic Salt Chlorinator
• Two pool Skimmers with at least 3-4 returns
Here is the area/Layout we are looking at:
• See picture on next page but the fence/wall will be approximately 175 feet long with two gates (Gates not modeled in picture below).
• Swimout on deep end of pool on east side.
Here is kinda an ISO view of what we are thinking:
• The fencing will continue all the way around back to the house.
• The wall below the fencing is either 1 or 2 feet tall and the fence total height is 5ft.
• There will be two gates, one going out to the deck area to the south and one going out near the north facing wall of the house.
• NOTE: the awning shown already exist on house, can see this on Google Earth if you wanted to look.
• Was thinking decking and bullnose edging like or that of Techo Bloc, just like this picture:
Mojave Beige Techo Bloc Smooth Bullnose Coping
Sandlewood Techo Bloc Blu 80mm Pavers
With a wall kinda like this:
Pool Bench swimout like this:
And at last this type of pool:
Any suggestions? anything you think we missed?
I plan on posting pictures as we get going, well see I guess. have put some request for quotes out there today (4/4/12)