Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water feature

1. Back To Top    #1

Water feature

OK... I am new here and this may not be a new question so please forgive me.
    I am having a 24' above ground pool installed in a few weeks, putting a deck around that. My question is I see all the water features for in-ground pools. Has anyone installed them in a wood deck. I want to run the PVC under the decking and install a few water jets flush with the composite decking. I am thinking of splitting the return line to feed the water jets and having a valve to turn off the water feature as well. Not sure if this can be done. I was thinking of modifying something that would nomally be installed with an in-ground pool. I was also thinking of just running a smaller diameter PVC thandrilling a half inch hole in the decking and cutting the PVC pipe flush.

I know this sounds crazy but thought I would ask....
    24' Round AG, 54" wall height, 22" sand filter
    1 1/2 HP pump, 104 BTU Hayward Heat Pump
    Rockland County, NY

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water feature

Welcome to TFP!

Water features on a wooden deck are rare, but they are certainly possible. Depending on how many jets you have and what kind of nozzles they have, you may need a larger pump that is common on an above ground pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply... the pool package comes with a 1 1/2 HP pump. looking to do no more then 4 jets. (not even sure how big the deck will be yet) any idea where to get the jets?
    24' Round AG, 54" wall height, 22" sand filter
    1 1/2 HP pump, 104 BTU Hayward Heat Pump
    Rockland County, NY

4. Back To Top    #4

I am going to ask a question that pertains to this. Would there be a problem with using another pump to run a water feature? If so would it be ok to run the pump without a filter?
    12"x33" Summer Escapes AG Ring Quick set 1590 Gallons (Gift for my son by Grand-parents)
    Intex Krystal Clear Model 633 2500 GPH "B" Cartridge