Noob asking for help/advice

Stumbled onto this site today while looking for info on youtube. I just purchased and installed an above ground intex ultra frame 14' x 48". From everything I have read and am seeing, the pump that is included with the setup will not be adequate. Would like to upgrade and am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Am thinking of going with one of the intex salt and sand filter systems. A guy named jsf0656 on youtube has a nice looking setup on a similar pool. Looks like with the salt there will be no need to fool with chlorine and the sand wont have to be changed all the time like the cartridge filters. I see that amazon has 2 different models...one is 1600 GPH and the other is 2650 GPH for only about 40 bucks more. Would the larger system be better or overkill? Should I get separate salt and sand systems or one of these combined units? Or is intex even worth the money and recommend going another route? Also, what kind of life expectancy can you expect out of one of these filter systems? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks again. I ordered the separate units this evening. Got the 2650 GPH sand filter from Amazon and Intex still carries the 8110 SWG that are the pre copper bar models. They are 159.99 with 37.75 shipping. A comparable unit on Amazon is 199.00 so was still 2 bucks cheaper and got the pre copper unit that some speak so highly of as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.