Overdig Question

Feb 25, 2012
Having a shotcrete pool built now.

Specs were to go from 3 to 6 foot deep in deep end, but the excavators dug to 8 foot.

To fix this they are using extra stone at the bottom to build it back up to a 6 foot deep pool.

Is this a problem?

Was it a problem for you if they were willing to leave it at 8 feet (although maybe they were not willing to give that "free upgrade").

Hopefully the resident shot-crete expert will stop by be able to address your concern ... as I too have no idea.

jblizzle said:
Was it a problem for you if they were willing to leave it at 8 feet (although maybe they were not willing to give that "free upgrade").

Hopefully the resident shot-crete expert will stop by be able to address your concern ... as I too have no idea.

Jason, yeah, it is not a long enough run IMO to handle the 8 foot depth.

We actually debated 6 vs 8 foot for a while, but the sales guy told me that if you are not diving, you are much better off with a 6 foot because you get much more "play" space for volleyball or hanging around.

I now see what he means. We are only doing a 45 foot long pool, and the drop is pretty significant, pretty quick, so it would be great for swimming, but there is such a small shallow end this way.

I am glad he talked us into 6ft, now I just hope that this does not cause any long term problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.