Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY spray deck possible?

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY spray deck possible?

We are looking at ideas for concrete coatings and color on our soon to be pool deck. I can not afford to get kool deck or spray deck done by a company but the more I look at the process for applying spray deck the more I wonder why it could cost so much. Looks pretty simple. Just spray on and then trowel down like doing wall texture. Specifically I am looking at the SGM one step spray deck. There are some youtube videos and also an online tutorial. Anyone done this on their own before? Anyone know where I can buy some online?

Thanks.

Chris

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DIY spray deck possible?

Deck restore.. its used for both wood and concrete, it fills cracks and adds a nice texture. We will be doing our deck this year with it.. if you go into home depot they have a nice little display of it.

http://synta.com/prod_restoreconcrete2.html

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

from quikrete
    Heavy Duty Masonry Coating (#1300) used with Acrylic Fortifier (#8610) – mixed according to package instructions.

Sincerely, Mary Ann Megahee
    The Quikrete® Companies
    you may have to water it down in order to spray it, then go over it with a trowel to knock it down.

then 24-48hrs later roll on your choice of color sealant in 2 coats, 24hrs apart

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

You can do this diy but make sure you have extra help. It isn't so much as labor intensive but it gets tiresome holding the hopper gun and spraying.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

5. Back To Top    #5

Anyone know where I can buy some SGM spray deck? The site has a listing for a distribution center about 100 miles from me but it doesn't look like somewhere that sells to consumers.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Contact the dc and they will probably give you a couple places that will sell to you.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk500
    We are looking at ideas for concrete coatings and color on our soon to be pool deck. I can not afford to get kool deck or spray deck done by a company but the more I look at the process for applying spray deck the more I wonder why it could cost so much. Looks pretty simple. Just spray on and then trowel down like doing wall texture. Specifically I am looking at the SGM one step spray deck. There are some youtube videos and also an online tutorial. Anyone done this on their own before? Anyone know where I can buy some online?

Thanks.

Chris
    Chris, how did your SGM One Step Spray Deck turn out? We are thinking of doing the same thing?
    My pool is 17,375 Gallons IG with a Nautilus FNS Triton DE filter, Jacuzzi Magnum Force pumps, Teledyne Labs Flextemp Heater.