Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris Tail Sweep Pro - less spraying windows?

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris Tail Sweep Pro - less spraying windows?

I just got an ad for a sale price at Pool Warehouse Supply for the Polaris Tail Sweep Pro which promises to keep the tail in the pool somehow so that less water hits the house windows. It seems to increase velocity as well. Could be a valve of sorts, could be a weight of sorts.

Does anyone have any opinion on this?

Too often I find our Polaris stuck on a step or with the tail flipped out and hung on a rock, merrily spraying pool water all over the house and yard. Serious enough problem that I am considering turning it off completely when we go on a trip.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris Tail Sweep Pro - less spraying windows?

I used to have this issue all the time. Since adding the Tail Sweep Pro, I haven't seen it shoot water at all. The tail no longer lifts above the water, and even if it did, I don't think it would shoot out because there is a deflector / diffuser. The tail sweeping action seems about the same.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    I just got an ad for a sale price at Pool Warehouse Supply for the Polaris Tail Sweep Pro which promises to keep the tail in the pool somehow so that less water hits the house windows. It seems to increase velocity as well. Could be a valve of sorts, could be a weight of sorts.

Does anyone have any opinion on this?

Too often I find our Polaris stuck on a step or with the tail flipped out and hung on a rock, merrily spraying pool water all over the house and yard. Serious enough problem that I am considering turning it off completely when we go on a trip.
    If you decide to give this a try, please post a review. I think all of us would like to minimize the window spraying!
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

To bad Pool Supply Warehouse doesn't have an online catalog!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

5. Back To Top    #5

Have this upgrade and it does as it advertises. No more hosing down the house windows from the 'out-of-pool' experience from the tail. Love this unit, can find them on ebay for $19.99 free shipping.
    13K gunite pool/spa, built 2009. Twin Pentair Intellipro VS-3050, EasyTouch 8, System 3 cartridge 450, 400K Max-E-Therm, solar, Pebblesheen, in-floor cleaner, twin sheers

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, it works. I had to remove a few weights, I had several extra on it trying to minimize the spraying. All in balance now.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.