Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot or Swimbot?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquabot or Swimbot?

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 units besides looks? I'm becoming quite indecisive on what pool cleaner I'm going to buy.

Also been watching what YouTube videos I could find. The Aquabot Turbo T Jet seems to have awesome suction just no scrubbers which I think I can live without.
    Seen alot of posts on the nitro wall scrubber but people noc it cause its cheap even though it has an extra year warranty for the same price.

Aquabot Turbo T Jet Robotic Pool Cleaner

SwimJet HD Robotic Cleaner for In-Ground Pools
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aquabot or Swimbot?

Hey pooly, before a little research (right now), I didn't know anything about the SwimJet cleaner. Based on product specs, these cleaners look nearly identical. Both have the same GPH, filtering capacity (2 microns), jet propulsion, and even the same length power cord.

My one thought is...neither of these have a caddy for storage. It might not seem like a big deal, but I would hate to see the wheels on these units get scratched up and end up puncturing your vinyl liner. I know it is rare, but it can happen. If you go with either of these units, just make sure to be very gentle when taking it in/out of storage.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

The Nitro is easier to handle, has a larger filter bag and is far superior in engineering. Cleaning your pool manually will save a fortune and is quicker anyway so don't bother with a robot.

4. Back To Top    #4

Aquabot it is

I did it and ordered the Aquabot Turbo T Jet . Seems easy to fix, not many parts and has a large following. I should pull the hero 2 out and make a video review Im hoping that this will also cut down on pump run time like Ive heard.
    16 x 32 Inground Vinyl 21000, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain. Raypak Heater, Crystal Flo Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Re: Aquabot it is

Quote Originally Posted by pooly1
    I should pull the hero 2 out and make a video review
    Congrats on your new cleaner! You absolutely SHOULD make a video review. The Hero2 is SO COOL! It's amazing how small and cheap it is..yet it produces GREAT results!

6. Back To Top    #6

So far my Aquabot is proving amazing. Got him yesterday morning dropped him in the water. Hour and a half later pool was sparkling clean, put a tear in my eye Heres a couple pics morning and evening. The fine filter bag picks up some serious sludge. Ill do a video when the water temp gets above 50

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm in the same boat, trying to decide on our first robot. Which model Aquabot is in the picture? thanks!
    Karl
    25k, Inground, vinyl, saltwater, 32'x40', Kansas
    1.5 HP, 2 speed motor,
    Pentair TM22 Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 chlorinator SWG
    5 Jets (two for spa effect in stairs I keep on slow), 2 skimmers, 2 lights, dual main drains

8. Back To Top    #8

I started with one of the Aquabot Jet robots and quickly discovered that after a little bit of dirt got in the bag, the propulsion was greatly reduced and it could not get out of my deep end. If you have a relative flat pool, this is probably not an issue.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Oh gosh, thanks for the tip. We have three depths, and some long gradually sloping bottom angles. Hmmm, might be an issue. Great feedback, thank you very much.
    Karl
    1.5 HP, 2 speed motor,
    5 Jets (two for spa effect in stairs I keep on slow), 2 skimmers, 2 lights, dual main drains

10. Back To Top    #10

Aqua bot is pictured, I do agree the propulsion does go down. Usually only with the fine mesh bag. I run the coarse bag then the fine bag and it works great.

11. Back To Top    #11

I'm eyeing this Polaris 9300 Sport pretty closely. Looks like a good robot.
    Karl
    1.5 HP, 2 speed motor,

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by kdzetmeir
    I'm eyeing this Polaris 9300 Sport pretty closely. Looks like a good robot.
    The 9300 is certainly a great robot, but you might also want to look at the 9400. It is a little bit more expensive, but the 4 wheel drive helps with walls and turning radius.

13. Back To Top    #13

Actually, I think that's the one I meant. It's the newest one.
    Karl
    1.5 HP, 2 speed motor,