Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wow, our first pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Wow, our first pool

This is pretty exciting for us. We happen to live between two amazing dealers - San Juan and Viking Pools. We were going to go with a concrete pool but after the quotes came in the fiberglass was just a much better option. The pool is a Blue Hawaiian (aka Viking) Blue Isle (35x15) with a Extreme Quartz Blue Galaxy finish. We topped it off with tile. The colors when the sun hits it are amazing.

The deck area will be 46x34 concrete. We want flow create but do not think it will be in the budget right now. We upgraded the pump and will have 2 streamers and 3 LED lights in it.

The pool gets delivered Weds and should start to go in the ground the same day. Then it will be a little time setting it all up. We have plenty of space on the property so room will not be an issue!

backyard
    Intex 14' x 42". 3557 Gallons, 1600 GPH Intex Sand Filter, Intex CS8110 Swg Post 2009, 2x20 SunHeater Panel.
    Custom Built Equipment Deck, Small Fountain, Intex LED Light, Custom Built Manifold.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Wow, our first pool

Hey indpowr, welcome to TFP and congratulations on your new pool! Please share as many pictures as you can during your installation process! Most pool-build pictures tend to be gunite, so it would be great to learn from your experience!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum indpowr!
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Is there a reason more people do a gunite?

If anyone has suggestions on some good/bad points to do such as COL vs. Salt let me know. I am a newbie
    Intex 14' x 42". 3557 Gallons, 1600 GPH Intex Sand Filter, Intex CS8110 Swg Post 2009, 2x20 SunHeater Panel.
    Custom Built Equipment Deck, Small Fountain, Intex LED Light, Custom Built Manifold.

5. Back To Top    #5

Salt just makes it easier to maintain i think, And I like the way the water feels. No hauling jugs of bleach. But there are bleach dispensers you can get too.
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Day 1 of the pool install - looks great and going fast. The inspector is coming out Thurs

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Looking great so far! Keep up the good work and keep sharing pictures!
    Is there a reason more people do a gunite?
    I didn't mean most people 'do' gunite..I meant that most people that share pictures happen to be gunite pools! I think you will be very happy with your pool!

8. Back To Top    #8

nothing to crazy today just a lot of back fill and filling the pool. inspection was done.

9. Back To Top    #9

Day 4 work day. (did not work Easter weekend)

Pluming is laid out and attached tot he pool and back fill almost complete.

10. Back To Top    #10

awesome!!!
    24' X 52" round above ground pool---13,500 gallons---Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp pump---Hayward 21 in. variflow XL sandfilter---Louisville, Ky

11. Back To Top    #11

That process is pretty impressive.
    24'x15' 4.5 deep (avg) 13000 gallon pebble bottom in ground playpool
    Cartridge filter with a hayward 2.5hp pump.

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

While I have seen the fiberglass install before, I have never seen it with the tile pre-applied. Did they indicate to you what type of mastic they used?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

That's cool how the tile is pre-applied. I think this looks better overall....we are having issue with ours right now.
    ____________________________________________________________ ______________________
    In the process of building a Lonestar Fiberglass Pools : Savannah in Caribbean Blue. 13,000 Gallons SWG, 4 therapeutic jets, Pentair 1 HP superflow (348023) pump, 200 Clean & Clear cartridge filter (CCRP-160353), Pentair salt cell IntelliChlor IC40, 3 LED lights, 1 skimmer, cantilever coping with integral light wheat color, and salt-rock pool decking finish.

14. Back To Top    #14

any chances of getting an update on how this install went? especially the timeline? I am interested in that exact pool model...
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

15. Back To Top    #15

Good luck on getting a comment, the last post from that user account was back in April. A PM might get you response.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100