kristiejow-old pool, but new to me!

G

Hey there! I'm a newly divorced single Mom (fulltime nursing student) that is leasing a house with a pool that was built in the early 80's.:super: Praise God that I have found this site. I hope it makes my pool maintenance much better than it was last year!!! I managed to get it up in running from a saltwater cow tank that had been unused for 3 years, to a chloronated swimming oasis and was able to enjoy it all summer, with minimal issues. With help from friends I drained it, repiped it (because the saltwater choloronater was RUINT, and it was too expensive to replace). Now it is back to a cow tank (minus the salt water). But it's time to get it up and going again! YAY!!!!

Before I start with my questions, I need some help. Can anyone help me answer my (unsure of's) in my signature?

Welcome to tfp, kristiejow :wave:
kristiejow said:
Can anyone help me answer my (unsure of's) in my signature?
To get the pool volume we will need to know what depth/depths your pool is including distance along edge at each depth. A picture would help too. Can you take a good picture of the hayward filter and label. Also take a picture of you pump and pump label. You could also just post the models and details of the filter and pump if you do not want to do pictures.

Thank you, linen!

linen said:
To get the pool volume we will need to know what depth/depths your pool is including distance along edge at each depth. .

So, ummmmm.....how do I do this? Are guesstimations okay? I guess I should've put this in my sig too...yes, I am blonde. A smart blonde...but still blonde....

And pictures are on the way.....

Guesstimations aren't really OK, because you'll get a wild guesstimate of volume, which won't do you any good!

Geaux Tigers
pth.gif

jblizzle said:
Sure guesstimations are OK ...

You pool is between 20,000 gallons (3.5' deep) and 30,000 gallons (5' ave. depth). :mrgreen:
Great...I did some calculations and came up with 33,000. Wow, that's alot of water!!!

So, after I add the gallons, will my sig be complete??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support