Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: kreepy krauler sucked up a sock

1. Back To Top    #1

kreepy krauler sucked up a sock

My krauler seemed to not be moving and I left a note for my pool service. They discovered a sock had been sucked up by the krauler which was preventing it from sucking up water while the pump was on. The sock didn't go up the line or anything just stayed in the head.

Is there any chance this caused permanent damage to my pool pump or krauler? They left it on after removing the sock and it seemed to pick up debris overnight, and maybe I'm just being paranoid and thinking its moving slower than normal...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: kreepy krauler sucked up a sock

The weighted flapper just inside the head (the lone piece that propels it around) sometimes gets a little out of whack, as mine does. I usually wedge my fingers in there, move it around, and make sure nothing else is stuck in there.....you'd be surprised at what a little tiny twig will do to the performance of a Kreepy Krawly.

If that flapper was beating on a sock repeatedly, I'd guess that the flapper came off one of its hinges.
    Kansas City, MO
    13500 gallon Foxx vinyl sport pool--inground (1988)
    Cristal-Flo sand filter
    Ray-Pak 406A digital
    1.5 HP single speed
    400 gallon Heldor inground spa, octagon

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks so I'm assuming I can push it right back on the hinges by hand if that's an issue?

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, you can get a finger in there and pop it back down into its pivots. I've had to do it many times.
    Kansas City, MO
    13500 gallon Foxx vinyl sport pool--inground (1988)
    Cristal-Flo sand filter
    Ray-Pak 406A digital
    1.5 HP single speed
    400 gallon Heldor inground spa, octagon