Pentair Fiberoptic Light Generator

Jun 16, 2009
Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hello all,

I'm having an issue with my PG2000. Pool installed 6 years ago and this thing was erratic last season. On 3rd bulb. Unit would not fire last season - no fan, no light. Fuses were good, bulb brand new and unit had power. I was thinking it was the fan, and we replaced that. Unit fired right up and ran, but would never re-fire. Not a day later, or the rest of the season. The installer I used was a jerk (after he had my money) and I really don't want to call this guy.

Any ideas?

I have a fiberstars and had to replace the ballast and ingnitor. Fiberstars would not sell me the parts so I bought them online and fixed it my self for under $50. I pulled both out of the unit and searched online for the manufacture as fiberstars used parts from other suppliers. I found them at Capacitorking.com. If I am not mistaken the shipping was more than the parts but none the less the total was under $50. All this being said my unit is down again and I have not bothered to see what is wrong. Maybe it is just a fuse this time.

I am an avid diy guy and it was allot of wires in a small space. With the proper electrical connections you could make it plug and play. Fiberstars wanted $800 for a new unit so I gambled with $50 and it worked for a while. My problem was easy to spot as a big plume of smoke came out of mine and the ballast was burnt thru on the side. If my memory serves me correctly all I had to do was cut four wires and re-attach. I am not trying to talk you into it, please, if you do not feel comfortable tackling it, by all means don't. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.