Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Fiberoptic Light Generator

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Fiberoptic Light Generator

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with my PG2000. Pool installed 6 years ago and this thing was erratic last season. On 3rd bulb. Unit would not fire last season - no fan, no light. Fuses were good, bulb brand new and unit had power. I was thinking it was the fan, and we replaced that. Unit fired right up and ran, but would never re-fire. Not a day later, or the rest of the season. The installer I used was a jerk (after he had my money) and I really don't want to call this guy.

Any ideas?
    Intex Ultra Frame Metal ABG Pool 16' round x 48"
    4000gph intex filter pump hooked up to 1500gph filter pump to solar bear 4'x20" solar panel to
    intex swg to pool
    deluxe intex maintenance kit, clearview vacuum head, tf100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Fiberoptic Light Generator

I have a fiberstars and had to replace the ballast and ingnitor. Fiberstars would not sell me the parts so I bought them online and fixed it my self for under $50. I pulled both out of the unit and searched online for the manufacture as fiberstars used parts from other suppliers. I found them at Capacitorking.com. If I am not mistaken the shipping was more than the parts but none the less the total was under $50. All this being said my unit is down again and I have not bothered to see what is wrong. Maybe it is just a fuse this time.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks JK. Anything electrical - if it isn't plug and play - is pretty much beyond me. I appreciate the ideas, but I have to admit I wouldn't know where to find the igniter or the ballast.
    4000gph intex filter pump hooked up to 1500gph filter pump to solar bear 4'x20" solar panel to
    intex swg to pool

4. Back To Top    #4

I am an avid diy guy and it was allot of wires in a small space. With the proper electrical connections you could make it plug and play. Fiberstars wanted $800 for a new unit so I gambled with $50 and it worked for a while. My problem was easy to spot as a big plume of smoke came out of mine and the ballast was burnt thru on the side. If my memory serves me correctly all I had to do was cut four wires and re-attach. I am not trying to talk you into it, please, if you do not feel comfortable tackling it, by all means don't. Good luck.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

5. Back To Top    #5

Again I appreciate the response
    intex swg to pool