Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Fiberoptic Light Generator

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Fiberoptic Light Generator

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with my PG2000. Pool installed 6 years ago and this thing was erratic last season. On 3rd bulb. Unit would not fire last season - no fan, no light. Fuses were good, bulb brand new and unit had power. I was thinking it was the fan, and we replaced that. Unit fired right up and ran, but would never re-fire. Not a day later, or the rest of the season. The installer I used was a jerk (after he had my money) and I really don't want to call this guy.

Any ideas?
    16 x 38 IG
    Pentair Superflo 1.5 ho VS
    Tagelus TA60 and Rainbow Chlorinator
    Mastertemp 200
    Pentair Fiberworks 2000 and SAM light

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Fiberoptic Light Generator

I have a fiberstars and had to replace the ballast and ingnitor. Fiberstars would not sell me the parts so I bought them online and fixed it my self for under $50. I pulled both out of the unit and searched online for the manufacture as fiberstars used parts from other suppliers. I found them at Capacitorking.com. If I am not mistaken the shipping was more than the parts but none the less the total was under $50. All this being said my unit is down again and I have not bothered to see what is wrong. Maybe it is just a fuse this time.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks JK. Anything electrical - if it isn't plug and play - is pretty much beyond me. I appreciate the ideas, but I have to admit I wouldn't know where to find the igniter or the ballast.
    16 x 38 IG
    Mastertemp 200

4. Back To Top    #4

I am an avid diy guy and it was allot of wires in a small space. With the proper electrical connections you could make it plug and play. Fiberstars wanted $800 for a new unit so I gambled with $50 and it worked for a while. My problem was easy to spot as a big plume of smoke came out of mine and the ballast was burnt thru on the side. If my memory serves me correctly all I had to do was cut four wires and re-attach. I am not trying to talk you into it, please, if you do not feel comfortable tackling it, by all means don't. Good luck.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

5. Back To Top    #5

Again I appreciate the response
    16 x 38 IG
    Mastertemp 200