DE Filter Manifold

Apr 3, 2012
I have a 60 SQ FT DE filter with a cracked top manifold. I cant quite tell the brand name on it looks like American is the first part but, cant quite make up the rest. Is it possible that i can replace this manifold with a Haywood or Pentair product? From the pictures online this looks like the right part but, i don't want to waste time ordering it if it wont work.

Bama Rambler said:
Post a pic of it and it should help someone identify it for you.

It's most likely an American Products Titan filter which is owned by Pentair and their manifold should fit fine.

Bama is right! If you can, post pictures of the entire unit, the broken manifold, and the logo/label. I recently called Pentair to help someone else get replacement parts for their American Products filter. I am happy to do the same for you :cool:

Well, you can do what I've done for the past couple of years, and try to repair it. I'm
on my third manifold, and finally decided to try repairing it when my pool store was out of stock.
I've used fiberglass cloth and epoxy twice, which lasted a year -- backwashing eventually
blew it off. My most recent repair used automotive body repair filler (Bondo) which may
actually be the best fix yet. We'll have to see how it holds up to the pool chemicals.
A small can of Bondo at the auto parts store is only $10 or so and hardens in just a few
hours. If nothing else, you could use it as a temporary fix while waiting for parts.

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Ok, here are the photos. Not sure i can bondo that hole, its kind of in an akward spot.

That's a pentair FNS plus manifold... If you can't find one a FNS manifold would work only thing you would have to do is cut down the neck that slides over the stand pipe.. By the way all the older style white fns plus manifold break like that.

Swingler said:
Keven said:
By the way all the older style white fns plus manifold break like that.

I've had two of them crack in the past 4 years. Keven - is there something to replace it with that won't crack? The last one that I put in was a 59023700.

Thanks!

The new style Pentair makes is stronger.. Also Val Pak makes an aftermarket one that I have been told is stronger.. I have never tried one so I can't tell you if it's true or not.

Keven said:
Swingler said:
Keven said:
By the way all the older style white fns plus manifold break like that.

I've had two of them crack in the past 4 years. Keven - is there something to replace it with that won't crack? The last one that I put in was a 59023700.

Thanks!

The new style Pentair makes is stronger.. Also Val Pak makes an aftermarket one that I have been told is stronger.. I have never tried one so I can't tell you if it's true or not.

Thanks. I've ordered the one that Val Pak makes. It certainly looks like the bleeder design could be superior.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.