Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE Filter Manifold

1. Back To Top    #1

DE Filter Manifold

I have a 60 SQ FT DE filter with a cracked top manifold. I cant quite tell the brand name on it looks like American is the first part but, cant quite make up the rest. Is it possible that i can replace this manifold with a Haywood or Pentair product? From the pictures online this looks like the right part but, i don't want to waste time ordering it if it wont work.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DE Filter Manifold

Post a pic of it and it should help someone identify it for you.

It's most likely an American Products Titan filter which is owned by Pentair and their manifold should fit fine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Post a pic of it and it should help someone identify it for you.

It's most likely an American Products Titan filter which is owned by Pentair and their manifold should fit fine.
    Bama is right! If you can, post pictures of the entire unit, the broken manifold, and the logo/label. I recently called Pentair to help someone else get replacement parts for their American Products filter. I am happy to do the same for you

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, you can do what I've done for the past couple of years, and try to repair it. I'm
    on my third manifold, and finally decided to try repairing it when my pool store was out of stock.
    I've used fiberglass cloth and epoxy twice, which lasted a year -- backwashing eventually
    blew it off. My most recent repair used automotive body repair filler (Bondo) which may
    actually be the best fix yet. We'll have to see how it holds up to the pool chemicals.
    A small can of Bondo at the auto parts store is only $10 or so and hardens in just a few
    hours. If nothing else, you could use it as a temporary fix while waiting for parts.
    15,500 gal gunite free-form pool and spa. Compool 3400 automation, Pentair VS pump, Polaris 280, Pentair DE filter, Natural Gas and solar heaters.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, here are the photos. Not sure i can bondo that hole, its kind of in an akward spot.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

That's a pentair FNS plus manifold... If you can't find one a FNS manifold would work only thing you would have to do is cut down the neck that slides over the stand pipe.. By the way all the older style white fns plus manifold break like that.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Keven
    By the way all the older style white fns plus manifold break like that.
    I've had two of them crack in the past 4 years. Keven - is there something to replace it with that won't crack? The last one that I put in was a 59023700.

Thanks!
    7,500 Gallon Pentair CC150 Cartridge Filter Plaster

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Swingler
    I've had two of them crack in the past 4 years. Keven - is there something to replace it with that won't crack? The last one that I put in was a 59023700.

Thanks!

The new style Pentair makes is stronger.. Also Val Pak makes an aftermarket one that I have been told is stronger.. I have never tried one so I can't tell you if it's true or not.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Swingler

Thanks!

The new style Pentair makes is stronger.. Also Val Pak makes an aftermarket one that I have been told is stronger.. I have never tried one so I can't tell you if it's true or not.
    Thanks. I've ordered the one that Val Pak makes. It certainly looks like the bleeder design could be superior.
    7,500 Gallon Pentair CC150 Cartridge Filter Plaster