Need help understanding SWG

Oct 30, 2011
I need a little bit of help understanding my SWG. I have a auto pilot nano. When it shows petrified % what does that mean? It defaults to 50%. The nano is showing 3100 ppm but when I check the chlorine levels when it is reunning the pool shows high but when I turn it off for 10 or so hours and check it again it show almost no chlorine levels. I have read that manual over two or three time and it dose not make since to me. If someone could give me a basic understanding of this device I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 81
It should read "Purifier"%, which is the amount of time that the cell is energized (making chlorine), within a 15 minute cycle. The higher the number, the longer the cell stays on.
The Nano has a feature called Automatic Temperature Compensation, that will automatically adjust the Purifier % higher or lower, based on changes in water temperature.
As Chiefwej asked, what is your stabilizer level? With an outdoor pool, the chlorine has little protection from the sun consuming the chlorine as it goes back to the pool.
It would also help to provide a complete water chemistry test:
Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, pH, Total Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, Salt, and Stabilizer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.