Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help understanding SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help understanding SWG

I need a little bit of help understanding my SWG. I have a auto pilot nano. When it shows petrified % what does that mean? It defaults to 50%. The nano is showing 3100 ppm but when I check the chlorine levels when it is reunning the pool shows high but when I turn it off for 10 or so hours and check it again it show almost no chlorine levels. I have read that manual over two or three time and it dose not make since to me. If someone could give me a basic understanding of this device I would appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help understanding SWG

Do you have any stabilizer (CYA) in the pool?
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Re: Need help understanding SWG

It should read "Purifier"%, which is the amount of time that the cell is energized (making chlorine), within a 15 minute cycle. The higher the number, the longer the cell stays on.
    The Nano has a feature called Automatic Temperature Compensation, that will automatically adjust the Purifier % higher or lower, based on changes in water temperature.
    As Chiefwej asked, what is your stabilizer level? With an outdoor pool, the chlorine has little protection from the sun consuming the chlorine as it goes back to the pool.
    It would also help to provide a complete water chemistry test:
    Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, pH, Total Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, Salt, and Stabilizer.
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators