Wanting to convert to chlorine also

Apr 2, 2012
just found this web site today. so excited to see what help we can get. wanting to convert to chlorine also. haven't opened pool yet.
but i have been doing some reading and here is our scenario; we put the pool in last august and closed it mid september. we were using baquacil.
wondered if had only been used such a short time if it would be necessary to change sand in the filter? don't plan to uncover it until first of may, but
would it help in the conversion process to do it when the temps are still a bit cooler, such as mid april?

Welcome to TFP!

The conversion goes just a little slower when the water is cold because all of the chemical reactions involved run more slowly at colder temperatures. Despite that, converting fairly early in the season is the best approach for most people. That insures that the pool will be swimmable by the time the water warms up enough to be swimmable.

Usually changing the sand is required from the conversion process alone.

Hi!! I too am wanting to convert to cholrine. Our 17000 gallon pool has only been open 4 weeks.. and I have spent a whopping 300 dollers on chemicals with baqua. My question is: how long will my pool be out of service durring the conversion?? And how much will I spend on the convertion
I have a 27ft ag pool. With a 1hp sand pump combo. 17000 gallons..and vinal liner

We are strapped for money this summer..so I'm wondering if I should just wait until next season to convert...
Andy advice at all will help me...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.