Open for construction in Ohio

2013_open.jpg

Pulled the covers off today....first time in many moons pool was clear and blue. :D Ran the vacuum some, added a gallon of bleach and fished out a few leaves, but didn't do much past that for now. We re-covered it with the solar cover as we're without a pump for the time being. We've gotta re-wire the pool for the new pump, which we're hoping to start tomorrow. May try the old pump to see if it moves at all....but I'll be shocked if it does. Going to add bleach on and off to try and keep it as clean as we can.

wire1.JPG

While looking at how we plan on running the new 220 line for a new pump, we found this several times. Turns out all the outlets and lighting were ran pi$$ poor several years ago. Several spots you could see the copper inside the wire. I know nothing about electrical work....but know this is wrong. Power is killed to the entire pool for now until we can figure out how to fix all this. We were planning on enclosing the pool this year, but new lighting may eat away that budget.

I'll be SHOCKED if the pool doesn't end up green before we get everything up and running. Brushing and bleaching whenever I can. Keeping a solar cover on other times. Guess its a good thing I ordered a pump the pool wasn't wired for. :)

Crud an I tired!! After dragging his rear for a month, my handyman brother in law came out and ran all new wire for the pool house and the pump. We've finished all new plumbing and electrical for our new Hayward Super Pump VS. We're still having an issue picking up prime, but got it running for now. My gut says the new pump is a snot haired taller than the old one allowing air to enter the system. Going tomorrow to mess more and get a better view in the light. The pools been open about 2 weeks and is turning green. Didn't wanna mess with shocking this year, but it looks like I'll have to.

Note to self....make sure you ask if current pump is 110 or 220 when making suggestions for pumps on the site. I messed up and ordered a 220 pump, but the wire was only for a 110.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.