Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help deciding what SWG to get

1. Back To Top    #1

South east VA

Need help deciding what SWG to get

I am looking to get a SWG this year for my pool. I have been using a power ionizer for 3 years but I am tired of buying replacement chambers each year and also tired of dealing with the high copper that enters my pool.

But I can't decide on which one to get. I have a 7500 gallon above ground pool, I would want one that is easy to install in my existing plumbing. I have rigid PVC that my current Ionizer went between.

I was looking at the hayward Aqua Trol or the compupool ones, but not sure if they are better ones out there.

Thanks for any advice...
    18' above ground pool - 7500 gallons
    Hayward Aqua-trol SWG
    TF-100 test kit with speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Need help deciding what SWG to get

The AquaTrol is very well thought of. If you want something with additional features, the AutoPilot Nano is also worth looking at. They have some nice extras that you don't absolutely need, but which come in handy now and then.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School