Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SmartPool Wall Climber or Scrubber

1. Back To Top    #1
    Flower Mound, TX

SmartPool Wall Climber or Scrubber

Hello everyone!

Would like to purchase a robotic cleaner soon. I have brought the zombie Polaris pressure sweep back from the grave for the last time.. it is no longer with us.

I would really like to move to a robotic cleaner but refuse to pay $1000. I have a roomba vaccum and love it so figured what the hay!

So The question is Wall Climber or Scrubber60? I want something to do a little brushing while its going and if the wall climber does that then I can save a little.

But if it doesn't really brush that much maybe i need to spend the extra for the scrubber?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these models.

12,000 gallon in ground pool with rock and spa water fall, Jandy Aqualink Controls, Polaris Cleaner with booster, Hayward C17502 cartridge filter. Managed by a TF - 100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Metro Atlanta, Georgia

Re: SmartPool Wall Climber or Scrubber

Mine does a great job on a larger pool, but it does not have brushes. It has no problems with the walls, goes over the light and ladder slots with no effort, but just will not deal with the steps (go figure). It has made a noticable difference in backwashing and eats oak leaves and those tassel things with no effort.

About a year ago, there was some discussion here about a similar product by Smartpool for about half the money, but it did not climb walls. If my memory is correct, it was at Cosco or Sams, and did everything mine did (except climb walls). Since I brush anyway, it might have been what I should have gotten.
    My cement pond is a 36K gunite 20X40 built in mid 1960s, Hayward S244S filter, Aquarite SWCG, Jandy 1.5HP 2sp, TF-Test kit and Nitro Wall Climber

3. Back To Top    #3

Parkland, FL

Re: SmartPool Wall Climber or Scrubber

both made in china and relatively cheaply made, however if you get it for a good price, could be worth it. I would go for the wall scrubber if you go with one of these, simply for the fact that it has dual motors and can turn on its own, that is invaluable. I also wouldn't pay above 650 for it. You can find it online for that if you look. one time I found it for 600.
    12000 gal diamond brite pool with 400 gal spillover spa, 1 1/2 HP pump and Hayward 1100 cartridge filter, Hayward Heatpump.