air in the return lines

Feb 7, 2012
i`m in southern mexico and have sand fliter and concrete pool 15 meters x5 meters x1.5 deep.about 29,000 gals.it has 8 returns 1 at each end and 3 on each side.i`m getting air at 1 of the end returns as well as the the first one on each side.i tried opening all the connections and checked all the o rings even replaced the o rings on the filter head and waste basket.i can`t find silicone grease here to seal the orings.so i`m just wondering what it could be.the further away from the filter the less air in the returns.thanks for any help

Air in the returns indicates a leak somewhere in the suction side plumbing. The most common causes are the kinds of things you have already checked, such as a loose pump strainer basket lid. Another simple possibility is the water level being too low in the skimmer, allowing air to be drawn down into the skimmer. If neither of those are occurring, you need to search more widely for a suction side plumbing leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.