SimplePool App for Android. A Review.

Love this app, and just started using it again for this season. One suggestion - local WalMart started selling 8.25% bleach...some posts on here concur...any chance you can add that to the "advice" section? It seems to jump from 6% to 10%. Obviously I could do the math...but I'd rather there be an app for that if it's not too much trouble :)

Keep up the great work!

Great app....are you sure you have the most current version because mine (v1.6)has the 8.25% option in the adjust area??

Oops, sorry didn't realize the "advice" part you were referring to...thought the section was "adjust" which is what I use if needed....but fortunately it is very rare I have to adjust my injection rate so the "advice " area is hardly ever used....and if needed I use the pool calc as well....but yep I just fudged my FC # to 2 as a test and went to advice and see exactly what you mean now....

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
rjproulx said:
Love this app, and just started using it again for this season. One suggestion - local WalMart started selling 8.25% bleach...some postBs on here concur...any chance you can add that to the "advice" section? It seems to jump from 6% to 10%. Obviously I could do the math...but I'd rather there be an app for that if it's not too much trouble :)

Keep up the great work!
Unfortunately, there isn't a store in the state of sc that has the hth 10% for sale. Also, nobody sells the Kem-Tek 2pack locally. Both lowes and home Depot show a price of $6.86. But, no local availability, no special orders!

Hi Ken!

Great app, love the integration with TFP.

I did notice one thing I have a question about (I'm sorry if this has been addressed already): If FC + CC = TC, why isn't there an FC field? and get rid of the TC field? With the TF-100 kit, I'm testing for FC and CC using the FAS/DPD. There is no TC test (aside from the OTO).

Chances are I'm doing something wrong, so please point a new pool owner in the right direction.

Thanks!

Nic

Blue Fin said:
CC = TC (-) FC

:-D :goodjob:

Hi Blue Fin:

I follow the algebra, but I'm missing your point. I'm still new to this, so here's my (flawed?) thinking:

What I'm being told is: testing TC via the OTO method is not to be relied upon; it's only a guide. (Right?)
Using FAS-DPD you get much more accurate CC and FC, which then gives you a more accurate TC. (Right?)
So, if you use an inaccurate TC as a component of the formula (like in CC=TC-FC), you're going to get flawed results.
So, why would the app use an inaccurate TC, an accurate CC, and disregard/overlook an accurate FC?

Like I said, I'm new to this, so it's all pretty much confusing to me at this point. Please! Someone tell me where I'm off track!

Thanks!

Nic

Hi Nic, I will be the first to admit that I am no expert so that being said I believe that the app just figures that you'll calculate the Total Chlorine minus the Free Chlorine and come up with the Combined Chlorine level then punch in just the Total Chlorine and the Combined Chlorine levels. I could be wrong. Maybe one day Ken will chime in.

Best regards.

You need to find the "My Apps" section of the Play Store app. Often it is on the menu when you tap the icon near the top left of the Play Store home page. Anyway, that page has a list of purchased apps, tap on the app you want to restore, and it will install it on the new device (if it is compatible, but it should be).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.