I hate when pool stores take advantage of people

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
I had to go to the pool store to get a tail scrubber for the polaris. While I was waiting I overheard another customer ask the clerk about something to rise the alkalinity in their pool. The clerk asked how big the pool was then picked up two 5 lb buckets of something called Alkalinity-up. The price was $14.95 per bucket. The customer paid and left.

When I got up the register I asked the clerk why he recommended the Alkalinity-up instead of a 50 lb bag of sodium bicarbonate they had for $22. The clerk told me they were two different chemicals. Alkalinity-up was sodium hydrogen carbonate not sodium bicarbonate and was much more effective. I almost choked trying to keep my mouth shut and another guy standing next to me looked at me and rolled his eyes.

It never ends and those pool store jerks act like they are Chemical Engineers. It is very difficult for me not to argue with them so I avoid them. There hasn't been a time I've been in one of those stores that I didn't over hear or eves drop on someone getting taken. It is all I can do not to say "hey, there is a better way". Or.... hey you don't have to do that!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.