Oct 24, 2011
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
So I just ordered the 18ft x 52in deep round Ultra Frame Intex pool from target.com. It comes wil the weak 1500gph pump, so I also ordered the Intex 2500gph pump online separatly.

My question is will I need to cut the pool liner to use the larger pump or does it already come with the right size adapters/holes?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I actually read through most of all them already but none answer my question.

Has anyone with the 18'x52" ultra frame upgraded to the 2500gph pump? Did you have to cut?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Re: Intex 18'x52

i upgraded my 16x48 to the intex sand filter and the cut outs on mine were a perfect fit. i believe everything from the 16x48 on up in size will be able to utilize the existing holes in these pools to upgrade to the intex sand filter.

that's well and good, but I'm not upgrading to the Intex sand filter.

Has anyone with the 18'x52" Ultra Frame upgraded to the 2500gph pump? Did you have to cut?

Sangster said:
that's well and good, but I'm not upgrading to the Intex sand filter.

Has anyone with the 18'x52" Ultra Frame upgraded to the 2500gph pump? Did you have to cut?
I upgraded my 16 x 48 to a waterway 1.5 hp pump and hayward sand filter. I used these adaptor to take the place of the intex connectors, this 1.5 female thread on the inside uses common 1.5 pipe fittings that can be found at home depot,lowes, etc.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320612653607?ss ... 1439.l2649
I am using high pressure hose and connectors and unions so i can disconnect it all. I have these gate valves on the pool and a 90 elbow union to hose on both the in and out.

But it should be the same fitting if its from intex. But if its not intex products, nothing will fit intex brand stuff.

jsf0656 said:
i've seen some 18x52 pools that came with the 2500 gal pump on amazon.

Me too, which is why i have my fingers crossed that I won't have to do any cutting for it all to fit.

I was going to get the pool that included the pump on Amazon for $679 plus $250 shipping, but instead I spent $800 to buy the pool at target.com and the pump separate on Amazon.com.

I hope I don't have to cut it!.

Sangster, The reason you are not getting a lot of answers about the 2500 pump is that when most folks upgrade their intex pump they go to pump that works for a large pool. The intex "cartridge filter pumps" are not worth the money, underpowered and underfiltered for anything bigger than 10'. I have had several different intex pumps over the years and they just do not work for a larger pool. Do yourself a favor and get a pump/filter that works for your size pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I had a 2500 gph Intex on an 18' x 48" Metal Frame pool for quite a while and it worked just fine. I bought the pool used though, so I'm not sure if the original owner had to cut it or not. This one only cost me $94, and since it worked for me before, I'm going to give it a try. If it doesn't for some reason, then I'll upgrade at that point. I suspect it will be just fine though.

FYI....the 18'x52" Intex Ultra Frame pool does NOT need to be cut for the Intex 2500GPH (633) fittings to work. :)

Just in case someone else in the future is wondering and does a search.

We've a 20' Intex above ground pool. Came with a 1500 gph pump. Woefully inadequate. Pool was never clean. Recently purchased a 2500 gph pump online for under $100.00. If you purchase an 18' - 24' pool, dont even open the pump box. Sell it on CL or eBay and order a model 633T 2500 gph pump. They can be found online for under $100.00. HUGE difference for just a few $ more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.