Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: knee high in DE fix

1. Back To Top    #1

knee high in DE fix

As stated in a different thread, I always manage to get some DE back into the pool after a backwash/recharge of the filter. Furthermore, it is not all that easy to clean up, considering I do not have a manual vac head & hose. I am also lacking a sand/silt bag for the polaris at the moment, so I made my own.

Threaded a knee high through the general purpose polaris bag and voila! transformed it into a very fine filtration device that picks up DE like a mug!

Added benefit: No need to rinse (don't want DE in my yard), just remove and chuck in trash.
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: There, I fixed it...Beez edition

Beez, check the pressure screen at the top of the tank on the inside next time you breakdown. There notorious for clogging or caving in causing pressure rise inside the tank enough to push DE into the pool.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Beez, check the pressure screen at the top of the tank on the inside next time you breakdown. There notorious for clogging or caving in causing pressure rise inside the tank enough to push DE into the pool.
    Thanks for the tip!
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    This was exactly it. Wish I had followed your advice. Any idea what causes the failure?

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: knee high in DE fix

No prob. Beez! Not sure, I'm guessing DE being as fine as it is, is enough to clog the screen. I just take it off when I open and clean my grids and make sure I wash it out.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,