knee high in DE fix

Beez

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2009
Dallas, TX
As stated in a different thread, I always manage to get some DE back into the pool after a backwash/recharge of the filter. Furthermore, it is not all that easy to clean up, considering I do not have a manual vac head & hose. I am also lacking a sand/silt bag for the polaris at the moment, so I made my own.

:arrow: Threaded a knee high through the general purpose polaris bag and voila! transformed it into a very fine filtration device that picks up DE like a mug!

Added benefit: No need to rinse (don't want DE in my yard), just remove and chuck in trash.

Re: There, I fixed it...Beez edition

Beez, check the pressure screen at the top of the tank on the inside next time you breakdown. There notorious for clogging or caving in causing pressure rise inside the tank enough to push DE into the pool.

maxepr1 said:
Beez, check the pressure screen at the top of the tank on the inside next time you breakdown. There notorious for clogging or caving in causing pressure rise inside the tank enough to push DE into the pool.
Thanks for the tip! :goodjob:

maxepr1 said:
This was exactly it. Wish I had followed your advice. Any idea what causes the failure?

No prob. Beez! Not sure, I'm guessing DE being as fine as it is, is enough to clog the screen. I just take it off when I open and clean my grids and make sure I wash it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.