mauruz

Jan 30, 2012
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,

I just replace my old Hayward Super Pump to a Pentair 2 Speed Whisperflo. but I'm having several issues, my filter PSI reading is 30 right now which I believe is extremely high, the salt cell is telling that there is water flow returning but it only does that for an hour or so after the first hour that the power is started then it goes red saying there is no water flow returning.

Besides that my Polaris is not working, I can see water is moving to the booster pump but the Polaris 380 is not moving.

And can someone tell me if the electric connection for the toggle switch between low and high speed is correct?

If the wiring wasn't correct, the breaker would trip so if you have pressure in the filter and the pump is not shutting off on it's own, it is wired correctly.

However, it sounds like you may have an issue with the filter or return plumbing. It just may of happened at the same time you replaced the pump. A couple of things to check:

Check all valve settings and make sure you didn't turn one off.

Backwash/clean the filter

Are you dealing with an algae bloom because the pump has been off for a while?

What was the old pump model# and the new pump model# and what was your old pressure?

thanks for the response, the valves seems fine, because water runs through the returns, but the PSI starts at 20 after backwashing and then in less than an hour it is at 30 PSI and the cell start marking that there is no water running and you can see air on the returns.

The old Pump I don't know the model it was already on the pool when we bought the house, but I know it was a Hayward Super Pump and we replace it with a Pentair Whisperflo Pump 1 HP Two Speed 115V 012485 WFDS-24.

Also I don't notice any difference when I change the switch from low to high so that is why I'm concerned if the electric part is correctly connected

The psi may be moving from 20 to 30 in a short period because your water is dirty and you are clogging the system. That would certainly explain the low flow.

What does your water look like? Even if it looks reasonably clear, your filter can clog with organics you can't see.

How much chlorine is in your pool?

Those are good news then, my pool i really dirt with a lot of debris that is why I want to start the polaris to help me with that.

Chlorine is really low, I will start shocking treatment today recommended by the pool store where I check my water.

Do you have a dual speed timer connected to the pump? The installer may have bypassed the toggle.

Does the polaris have a booster pump?

If not, the polaris may not be working because you are cleaning up a lot of debris and clogging the filter. When the filter pressure goes up, flow rate goes down and cleaners do not work as well. If normal pressure is 20 PSI, try backwashing at 25 PSI.

Also, post your chem levels, especially FC and CC. You may need higher FC levels if you are fighting an algae bloom.

Is wire to a swtich.

For the Polaris I can see water going through that return and when I start the Polaris Pump I can see a higher flow, but when I connect the equipment, then it doesn't move.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.