Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice please!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice please!!

Hi, new here to the forum and hope ya'll can offer some suggestions

Had a 24' round abg that was about 15-20 yrs old that the walls finally gave way and rusted out...have a really nice 2 level deck, the upper level going all the way around the pool 6-8ft pool guy says I needed to find one the exact size to fit that space..

well, my cousin has one that 's just been up one season, and he's selling it to me...His kids moved out and he and his wife just don't use the is a 24' round 52"...mine was a 48"...pool guy says this is not a problem, due to the fact that I have about 2-3 available inches of space if the "trim" boards are taken away from the edges...then they can be replaced with more trim to make the edges flush...

OK, all that to ask this...So, we started taking the new pool down to dis-assemble and I really think his top rails are 8" and not 6" like mine!! now, I'm thinking this may not work!!! EEEEEK

Is there a way to make it fit without having to destroy the deck??? the support pillars of the deck are concrete set of course!!

Please tell me there's a way to do this!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Lynchburg VA

Re: Advice please!!

Not knowing how your deck goes around you pool makes it hard to even guess at a solution. Can you post a picture of the deck/top rail area?
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

You'll most likely be able to modify your deck without much trouble. In fact, you may not have to modify it at all. You'll know more if you can take some good measurements.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sault Ontario

Ditto's with Bama, get some rope and spray paint and create everything on the ground ahead of time so you know what your up against. Don't just try to visualize and start building things, it you measure and paint it out then you can gauge how the deck will be impacted.
    Also, it's possible you could have some gaps, I think it would be a challenge to get a new pool up in the exact same spot, so you may have to extend a few deck boards.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list