Intex pump?

Mar 31, 2012
Gheens, LA
Ok so I have an INtex 24x52 with a 4000 gph intex pump. My question is would I be better off with a Sand filter and pump if so which kind? Is the intex one any good or should I look at a more proffesional set up.

The reason for this question is that my pool was soo bad that I have been needing to change the filter out every 2 hours or so and I was wondering if it would be any easier with a sand filter

Welcome to TFP!

The Intex sand filter is dramatically better than the Intex cartridge filters, and a larger sand filter would be better still. Which one you want to get very much depends on how much you have to spend. Intex prices are very attractive. To get something better than an Intex sand filter will be a noticeable step up in cost.

I just upgraded my 2500/cartridge Intex pump to the 16" 2650 gph sand/swg combo from Intex & my 16 x 48 went from swamp to crystal clear in two weeks. It is plenty strong to use the skimmer and has a very good return flow and for $369 on ebay its a great way to start with a sand filter. I clean it by backwashing every 2 weeks and it takes about 3 minutes and I stay dry. Definetly go to a sandfilter and the Intex is a cost effective way to go.

Well guys I went with the 16" intex sand filter for $230 on amazon. I saw some reviews on the Hayward that said it was underpowered also saw alot of great reviews on the intex. So I am going to give it a shot. My pool is cloudy right now with dead algae floating aroudn and changing the paper filter every hour is getting obnoxious.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.