Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help with Hayward Aquarite error

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Help with Hayward Aquarite error

I am getting the error that the pool is to hot to generate chlorine. The pool is very cold. Does anyone know what I need to do or what part to replace to correct this problem.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Need Help with Hayward Aquarite error

Welcome to TFP!

That could be caused by a loose connection between the cell and the control unit, however it is most often caused by a bad temperature sensor in the cell. Fixing the temperature sensor usually requires replacing the entire cell.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, but boy that was not the answer I was hoping for. The unit is only 8 months old!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

If the cell is only 8 months old it should be replaced under warranty if it was purchased new. Contact your local Hayward warranty center to make that determination. If you are not sure who or where that is check the Hayward web site for your your local dealer.

Good Luck,

Jim Garrison
    The Guru of Pools at