opening my pool

Mar 31, 2012
Live in NC

Temp is 65 but this time on the year it will hold 80 during the day and 50 at night.

pool size is a 30' round 25,100 gallons

Salt water pool

Sand filter

1.5HP motor

Water is a little cloudy

Don't know the PH getting a test kit and some salt today and a container of shock.

Any advise on opening this thing would be great I do have a vacuum and all the tools to get things done, just need to know the steps on how to do it so it's done correct the first time.

-Matt

Skip the "shock" and buy either 10-12% chlorine or bleach. I've found all the information I need from signatures (Pool School, Pool Calculator, etc)

If you're confused/stuck and searching doesn't turn up a good answer, start a new thread. Everyone is very helpful.

you are off to a good start by joining this forum..they will help you have a perfect pool!! Use the pool calculator, and get a "base" reading on ALL of your pool water paramenters...temp, pH, Chlorine, CYA, etc...and then plug those numbers into the pool calculator..it'll tell you what you need to add to make your pool pefect!

I checked out the pool school and did a ton of reading. So I shocked the pool let it sit all day and scrubbed the pool with a brush sat all night with the pump on. Next day vacuumed the pool and put in my salt let it sit for a few hours after moving the salt around and checked the levels, had to put a half a bag more waited over night and the level is good now. Thanks for the help and the direction.

-Matt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.